Thursday, November 02, 2006

I Still Can't Find Nicky Lee's Album!

I've only heard a few of Nicky Lee's songs, but I like his style. I also find it interesting that Nicky is Korean and doesn't really speak Mandarin. In his songs, you can sort of hear that his Mandarin isn't 100%, but he's got a great voice with a smooth R&B style.

He was originally in a Korean group called Machi, but has since released a few solo albums. The album I'm looking for is Nicky Lee's (李玖哲) newest album "Baby, 是我" (see album cover at left - was released in summer 2006).

For some reason I still can't find his album in Chinatown. Maybe it still too new or maybe he's just not popular enough - I don't know...

You may have noticed that I mainly like slower songs. Why? Because I find that it makes learning Mandarin a lot more easier (and a lot easier to sing too! OK - I admit it, I do like to try to karaoke Mandarin songs...)

From now on, I'll try to include Pinyin to my posts so that readers can at least try to say the Chinese words I put in my posts.

Below are two songs from "Baby, 是我" album. They are "我會好好過" (I'll Cross Well) (Wo Hui Hao Hao Guo) and "Baby 是我" (Baby It's Me) (Baby Shi Wo).

First video is "我會好好過" (I'll Cross Well) (Wo Hui Hao Hao Guo):



Next video is
"Baby 是我" (Baby It's Me) (Baby Shi Wo):


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi there...
Machi is not a Korean group, but a Taiwanese one...most of their songs are in Taiwanese language, with some in Mandarin.
The founder of Machi, Jeffery Huang, was the one who discovered Nicky Lee (in USA).
I think you might be able to find Nicky's album on www.books.com.tw/ if you still have difficulty finding it...