Monday, November 27, 2006

CD's I Bought Over The Weekend

Over the weekend I got a chance to get some CDs. Unfortunately some of the albums that were high on my "to-get" list were hard to find, so I settled on the following CDs:

Jay Chou - "Still Fantasy". I've been meaning to get this CD a lot sooner. There were only two songs on this CD that I heard before buying this CD: 千里之外 "Faraway" (Qian Li Zhi Wai) and 白色風車 "White Windmill" (Bai Se Feng Che). After listening to this CD a couple of times, I'd say I'm quite happy with the purchase.


Dao Lang - "Thank You - Greatest Hits". This is the first mainland Chinese album I've bought and I've read a lot about this singer. I know he's very popular on the mainland and I've heard one or two songs from this singer. I still need to listen to this CD more for me to begin liking it - to me, it seemed like most of the tracks on this CD were very similar...then again, it could just be his rough, rugged voice. I'll try to listen to it more.


F.I.R. - "Unlimited". I heard a few songs by F.I.R. and I rather enjoyed their music. When I saw this one at the store, I wasn't too sure if it was their newest album...but when I got home, I realized there was a newer album than this one. There were only a few tracks that I liked, but I think I'll have to listen to it more before I like it.


12 Girls Band - "White Christmas". I heard this CD while I was at a Chinese grocery store last year and I tried to look for this CD, but couldn't. Well, I found it on the weekend and got it. So far so good! I really like the 12 Girls Band version of many of the songs. No doubt I'll be playing this CD when we have guests over during the holidays.


Nan Quan Mama - "Color Palette!". I picked this one up at the last minute and actually I wasn't going to buy this at the last minute. BUT, after listening to this CD, I think it was the best CD out of all the CDs I bought over the weekend. There were many familiar songs I heard on the Internet radio and there were quite a few songs I never heard, but instantly liked! I would probably say this is the BEST CD out of all the CD's I currently have!


Jolin Tsai - "J-Game". When I went CD shopping, I knew I had to get a Jolin Tsai CD and I ended up getting this one. I was actually looking for the "J-Top" CD, but I think I got it confused with this CD. I'm glad there were a few familiar tracks on this CD and there were also a few songs on this CD that I hadn't heard, but instantly liked. This was also a good buy.


12 Girls Band - "The Best Of 12 Girls Band". Since I love any song with Chinese instruments, I figured that I'd get one other 12 Girls Band CD. After listening to this CD a few times, I really got to liking it a lot. I think next time I go CD/DVD shopping, I'll get the DVD of the 12 Girls Band in concert.

No comments: